Thursday, October 20, 2011

Route 2, Secretary Davey, September 30, 2011


Route 2, Secretary Davey, September 30, 2011
Originally uploaded by MassDOT

Damage from Hurricane Irene: MassDOT Secretary Richard A. Davey visiting Route 2 announced that work to reconstruct the six-mile section of Route 2 devastated by Tropical Storm Irene will begin in early October.

The roadway linking the communities of North Adams, Florida, Savoy, and Charlemont suffered major damage from the storm and flooding, making it impassable to traffic. Reconstruction is expected to cost $34.5 million and work under an accelerated bidding process will begin early next week. The roadway is expected to re-open to traffic by mid-December.

MassDOT has assembled a map showing the closed portion of Route 2 that suffered significant damage due to flooding from Tropical Storm Irene and outlining the current posted detour.

Route 2 is closed from Mile Marker 21.6 in Florida to Mile Marker 27.5 in Charlemont.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I can be very social, but then a recluse. I like my privacy when I'm working in my flower garden. I like to meditate there with God and the birds and the flowers. I love animals, all God's creatures and I can't stand people that abuse them! I strongly urge anyone that wants a pet to adopt from your local animal shelter. There are many loving animals that are at shelters waiting for a loving home. You can find me most of the time on Flickr where I have a photostream!

Blog Archive